GREAT IRISH FOODIE QUIZ THIS THURSDAY – FANTASTIC PRIZES ON OFFER
A huge list of prizes is on offer this Thursday 7th March at the Fourth Annual Great Irish Foodie Quiz – whether for well-informed winning foodies, or just plain lucky raffle winners! Taking place from 7.30pm in The Circle Club of the Bord Gais Theatre in Dublin’s Docklands, with food available and a full bar, entry to the Great Irish Foodie Quiz costs €100 for a team of four with all proceeds going to Down Syndrome Ireland. Book at http://www.mycharity.ie/event/greatirishfoodiequiz2013/.
Organised by Chef Aine Maguire and MCd by Myles McWeeney, the Quiz has become a much anticipated fixture on the social calendar. “Whether you’re a chef, a food writer, a gourmand or just a greedy guts, there’s loads of fun to be had” said Aine.
Prizes now on offer include:
• The Cliff House Ardmore, Waterford….overnight stay Bed & Breakfast with Dinner in their Michelin starred restaurant http://www.thecliffhousehotel.com/
• €200 Voucher for Chapter One Restaurant, Michelin Starred Restaurant http://www.chapteronerestaurant.com/
• A Master class with Michelin Star Chef, Kevin Thornton, Thornton’s Restaurant http://www.thorntonsrestaurant.com/
• 4 x VIP Tickets to Taste of Dublin http://www.tasteofdublin.ie/
• Two nights in a suite in The Twelve Hotel, Galway with a masterclass in wine from general manager and award winning sommelier Fergus O’Halloran. The Twelve Hotel is the only Irish hotel to win the Wine Spectator Award for five years running, along with numerous other awards for their excellent wine list. www.thetwelvehotel.ie
• A visit to the 5-star Castlemartyr Resort including two nights bed & breakfast in one of the resort’s Manor Suites and dinner on one evening in the AA Rosette award-winning restaurant The Bell Tower. www.castlemartyrresort.ie
• Two nights in Knockranny House Hotel, including Seamus Common’s tasting menu in LaFougere restaurant www.knockrannyhousehotel.ie
• The new signature supper menu with a flight of wines, and an overnight stay in a suite with breakfast the following morning in The Shelbourne Hotel in Dublin http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/dubbr-the-shelbourne-dublin-a-renaissance-hotel/
• Two nights in a suite in Lisloughrey Lodge in Cong, County Mayo, overlooking Lough Corrib, including dinner on one evening in Wilde’s Restaurant www.lisloughreylodge.com
• An overnight stay in The Cliff Townhouse on St Stephen’s Green for two people, including their new Flying Fish lunch, cocktails in their bar in the evening followed by dinner in their seafood restaurant www.theclifftownhouse.com
• Dinner for 2 with Cocktails at SABA http://www.sabadublin.com/
• Spend the day with the stars at Montrose….a walk-on part in Fair City for 2!
• Dinner for 4 at Chameleon Restaurant in Temple Bar. You will dine at one of their Opium tables and also be treated to a magnum of Prosecco!
• A wireless colour screen Baby Moniter from Rory Casey at Firepulse Ltd in Castelbar, Co. Mayo www.firepulse.com
• A delicious hamper of hand made chocolates from Cocoa Atelier
• A side of Smoked Salmon from The Burren Smokehouse
• You’re very own food quiz board game, Irish made and designed, Smorgasbord.
• Dinner for two at the Morrison Grill in the revamped Morrison Hotel
• Dinner for two at Jaipur.
• The Ice House, Ballina: One night bed & breakfast in one a Riverview Deluxe Room with a glass of bubbles on arrival, dinner in the Pier Restaurant and complimentary use of the Chill Spa Thermal Area. http://www.icehousehotel.ie/index.html
• A Full Rib of Hereford Dry Aged Beef from Ennis Butchers http://ennisbutchers.com/
• Dinner for 4 at Crackbird ‘a night with me bird’!
• Dinner for 2 at The Cake Cafe with a glass of wine
• Dinner for 2, Skinflint
• Dinner for 2, JoBurger Town
• Taste of Emilia voucher
• Blackrock Cellar Hamper
• Tickets for the Bord Gáis Theatre: CARMEN & THE LION KING
• Tickets for 2 to Stockton’s Wing, at the National Concert Hall on St. Patrick’s
HOW TO BOOK:
1. Visit http://www.mycharity.ie/event/greatirishfoodiequiz2013/
2. Click on the tab ‘SPONSOR ME NOW’ on the left, enter €100.00 for your table.
3. Put your chosen Team Name in the personal message box so that your team name shows up alongside your payment. It’s important to have the team name as you will need it to gain entry on the night of the quiz. (When you pay online your payment goes directly to the charity; you must pay in advance as you will not be able to pay on the night)
Also, if you can’t make the quiz you can always simply donate to the charity. Just mark ‘Donation’ in the Personal Message box.
For further information contact email@example.com and follow Aine on Twitter: @irishcheftweets